Snake Bite - What To Do


A snake bite is an injury caused by the bite of a snake, most often resulting in two puncture wounds due to the fangs. Snake bites can be either poisonous or non poisonous. Bites due to non-poisonous snakes are more common. However if a poisonous snake injects poison into the wound. this can can lead to paralysis, life threatening bleeding and death.

In case of a snake bite:
Do not panic.
Reassure the victim.
Immobilise the affected limb with a cardboard splint and sticking tape.
Seek medical attention immediately.

Do not pick up the snake or try to trap it (this may put you or someone else at risk for a bite).
Do not apply a tight bandage around the wound.
Do not cut the wound with a knife/blade.
Do not suck out the venom.
Do not apply ice or immerse the wound in water.

Remember, in case of snake bite, contact the nearest Apollo Emergency immediately.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
News Room
How I Survived
Follow us on Facebook
Go to our news room to read about the latest news stories, announcements, workshops, notices, dates and other important information.
2007 - I was a first year MBA student bubbling with enthusiasm and looking forward to complete my MBA program and start my future & career. Little did I realize that it will take a moment...

© 2011 Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd. All rights Reserved